directing page output to a New window from server-side?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNB?=, Dec 9, 2006.

  1. I have an ASP.NET (1.1) page that generates PDF. I'd like to have the PDF
    open in a new browser window.
    From the Server side, is there any way to cause the output to be put into a
    new window??
    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNB?=, Dec 9, 2006

  2. Since a new window must be opened from the client side, the only way to
    accomplish it from server side code is to have it emit the necessary client
    side code.

    The JavaScript window.open method is a common solution.
    Here's more info:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ClientSideSuite.aspx
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...hop/author/dhtml/reference/methods/open_0.asp

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Dec 9, 2006