    Is there an issue in doing this, or in using the .NET create
    application_id in these tables?

    What's the alternative? (we're still not on Active directory).
    Larry Bud, May 21, 2007

  2. Larry Bud

    sloan Guest

    Stop!!

    Appendix 2: Migrating Code that works with the ASP.NET 2.0 Profile Object
    http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/migration2/migration2.aspx

    Either go with Profile properties or go to your own custom membership
    provider.

    Do not hack up the tables.

    If you want to implement a customer membership provider, and use the tables
    as a start, then I guess you can do that.

    But don't do a hackjob.

    The url above shows how to add additional properties if needed.

    sloan, May 21, 2007