    contents of an entire directory and list them on a web page and what
    would be the best way to do this.

    Z.K.

    Z.K., Sep 9, 2007

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Z.K." <>
    writing in news:FKKEi.1611$qV3.1503@trndny02:

    > I not exactly an expert in HTML though I have designed a few web

    pages.
    > Normally I hard code each file I want to be on the web site that the
    > user can download. I was wondering though if there is a way to get

    the
    > contents of an entire directory and list them on a web page and what
    > would be the best way to do this.
    >
    > Z.K.

    I would say server side would be the best way. Loop through the
    contents of the directory, and put your markup accordingly.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Sep 9, 2007

  3. Z.K. wrote:
    > I not exactly an expert in HTML though I have designed a few web pages.
    > Normally I hard code each file I want to be on the web site that the
    > user can download. I was wondering though if there is a way to get the
    > contents of an entire directory and list them on a web page and what
    > would be the best way to do this.

    Do you want just a plain director list, or do you want it in the context
    of markup?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 9, 2007
  4. Z.K.

    Phillip Mann Guest

    On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 04:35:49 GMT, "Z.K." <> wrote:

    >I not exactly an expert in HTML though I have designed a few web pages.
    > Normally I hard code each file I want to be on the web site that the
    >user can download. I was wondering though if there is a way to get the
    >contents of an entire directory and list them on a web page and what
    >would be the best way to do this.
    >
    > Z.K.

    I'm not an expert eithter...but...you can zip all of them into "one"
    zipped file

    Phil

    www.BluegrassBanjo.com
    www.BluegrassBanjo.org

    Phillip Mann, Sep 9, 2007
  5. Phillip Mann wrote:

    > On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 04:35:49 GMT, "Z.K." <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I not exactly an expert in HTML though I have designed a few web
    >>pages.
    >> Normally I hard code each file I want to be on the web site
    >> that the
    >>user can download. I was wondering though if there is a way to
    >>get the contents of an entire directory and list them on a web
    >>page and what would be the best way to do this.
    >>
    >> Z.K.

    > I'm not an expert eithter...but...you can zip all of them into
    > "one" zipped file

    So that a visitor has to download *all* of them, even if he only
    wants one or two? You have broadband, don't you? :)

    > Phil
    >
    > www.BluegrassBanjo.com
    > www.BluegrassBanjo.org

    > Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup
    > Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and
    > West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

    I'm tired of manually deleting people's not properly-deliminated
    sigs.

    --
    Blinky
    http://improve-usenet.org <------------- New Site Aug 28

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 9, 2007
  6. Z.K.

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 09 Sep 2007 04:35:49 GMT
    Z.K. scribed:

    > I not exactly an expert in HTML though I have designed a few web pages.
    > Normally I hard code each file I want to be on the web site that the
    > user can download. I was wondering though if there is a way to get the
    > contents of an entire directory and list them on a web page and what
    > would be the best way to do this.

    Certainly would be server-side scripting, probably php or maybe that
    Windows one (asp?) I've never done it, myself, but ss languages are very
    powerful in certain ways, and there is undoubtedly a method to expedite
    your goal.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Sep 9, 2007
  7. Z.K.

    tcg Guest

    Z.K. wrote:
    > I not exactly an expert in HTML though I have designed a few web pages.
    > Normally I hard code each file I want to be on the web site that the
    > user can download. I was wondering though if there is a way to get the
    > contents of an entire directory and list them on a web page and what
    > would be the best way to do this.
    >
    > Z.K.

    If you are using a Windows box, you can try dirhtml at
    http://dirhtml.home.comcast.net/

    tcg, Sep 9, 2007
  8. Z.K.

    Ed Mullen Guest

    tcg wrote:
    > Z.K. wrote:
    >> I not exactly an expert in HTML though I have designed a few web
    >> pages. Normally I hard code each file I want to be on the web site
    >> that the user can download. I was wondering though if there is a way
    >> to get the contents of an entire directory and list them on a web page
    >> and what would be the best way to do this.
    >>
    >> Z.K.

    > If you are using a Windows box, you can try dirhtml at
    > http://dirhtml.home.comcast.net/

    What a great utility! Thanks for posting that.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Sep 9, 2007