Directory reading

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Borked Pseudo Mailed, Dec 6, 2008.

  1. CBFalconer wrote:
    > As pointed out elsewhere, these functions are NOT part of standard
    > ISO C, and thus are off-topic on c.l.c. A reference to a suitable
    > newsgroup is much better than this off-topic answer. Try
    > comp.unix.programmer.

    To the OP, once again, this is simply a poster expressing his
    opinion. He has no authority to dictate CLC topicality. In fact,
    this is the guy who thought a thread on US software patents was
    on-topic.

    The reply you got from Thomas was the best reply you got on any
    newsgroup, and from what I can tell, you wouldn't have gotten that
    reply if you didn't post to comp.lang.c.

    Yours,
    Han from China
    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Dec 6, 2008