Directory structure best practice?

MrZombie

Hi all!

What are the best practices concerning directory structures for Ruby programs?

I want to run tests using Cucumber and RSpec, so referring to the RSpec
book I created a features/ and spec/ folders for the tests, a lib/
folder for my code, and a bin/ folder for all that shall be executed.

What do I need to roll out my own Gem, if needed? What is the expected
distribution format of a gem?

Also, is there a way to pack the app for distribution for Linux,
Windows, and Mac?

Jason W.

MrZombie said:
Hi all!

What are the best practices concerning directory structures for Ruby
programs?

I want to run tests using Cucumber and RSpec, so referring to the RSpec
book I created a features/ and spec/ folders for the tests, a lib/
folder for my code, and a bin/ folder for all that shall be executed.

What do I need to roll out my own Gem, if needed? What is the expected
distribution format of a gem?

Also, is there a way to pack the app for distribution for Linux,
Windows, and Mac?

You can , if you're feeling lazy, install a gem called "jem" which
creates a typical structure the same as the one already mentioned.