(DirectShow) AVI player using CFrameWnd class ???

agrsaurabh

Hello Everybody,

I have created an AVI Player using DirectShow. This player is working
fine. I have also created a View Window (with class name CViewWnd)
using CFrameWnd class. This view window is used in an application which
plays its own customised files (of some other extensions) on this view
window. Now:

1. I have to play the AVI file on this view window (i.e. integrate my
AVIPlayer as a plugin to the original application). To achieve this
I am passing CViewWnd instance to AVIPlayer (so that I will get the
cordinates and size of original view window and my AVI player
window will overlap the view window. AVI window will be of same
size and dimension as of view window). But it gives error (read
point 2 below).

2. Can I pass the instance of my View Window class in AVI Player. If so
how? Here condition is that AVI player needs to be a seperate entity
i.e. it does not understand my view window class, neither I can
include the view window header in AVI player. If I pass view window
as parameter to my AVIPlayer (as HWND *CViewWnd), it gives following
error: ((Can not convert parameter from 'class CViewWnd' to 'struct
HWND'. Types pointed are unrelated. Conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cats.)).

Pls tell me, how my AVIPlayer can understand this CViewWnd class.

Following statement in my AVIPlayer uses the CViewWnd:

pVideoWindow->put_Owner((OAHWND)pViewWnd);

Here 'pVideoWindow' is DirectShow interface and 'pViewWnd' is
CViewWnd instance.

1. My original application AVI Player as AVIPlayer is a plugin to the
application. So original application does not understand DirectShow.

2. AVI Player does not understand my original application.

So we have to use some MFC standard data type to be passed into my
AVI Player.

Thanx in advance for the help.

Regards,

Saurabh Agarwal,

New Delhi, India

([email protected])

([email protected])

Thomas Matthews

agrsaurabh said:
Hello Everybody,

I have created an AVI Player using DirectShow. This player is working
fine. I have also created a View Window (with class name CViewWnd)
using CFrameWnd class. This view window is used in an application which
plays its own customised files (of some other extensions) on this view
window. Now: [snip]

Thanx in advance for the help.

Regards,

Saurabh Agarwal,

New Delhi, India

([email protected])

([email protected])

I believe you have posted to the wrong newsgroup.
You want a Microsoft Visual C++ or Microsoft Windows
newsgroup. You issue is more with the platform and
specific API than the C++ language.

See the FAQ and welcome.txt below for more information.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt