Disable Automatic Scrolling/Positioning

Jeffrey T.

Using Visual Studio 2008/sp1, I have created a new ASP.NET Web Application
(not Site) that makes use of master pages.

Whenever I view a page in the browser (IE7), the page automatically scrolls
down a bit. The "taller" the page, the more it automatically scrolls
downward in the browser.

To be clear, when I run the app (F5) and a page initially appears, it shows
up in the browser as expected, and then about 1/100 second later it scrolls
downward in the browser - as if attempting to center the display vertically.
The top-most part of the page is out of view.

What could be causing this? and more importantly, how can I stop this
annoying behavior? What I am wanting is for the page to appear and display
the top-most portion in the browser. Any scrolling should be performed by
the user.

Thanks!

Guest

Using Visual Studio 2008/sp1, I have created a new ASP.NET Web Application
(not Site) that makes use of master pages.

Whenever I view a page in the browser (IE7), the page automatically scrolls
down a bit. The "taller" the page, the more it automatically scrolls
downward in the browser.

To be clear, when I run the app (F5) and a page initially appears, it shows
up in the browser as expected, and then about 1/100 second later it scrolls
downward in the browser - as if attempting to center the display vertically.
The top-most part of the page is out of view.

What could be causing this? and more importantly, how can I stop this
annoying behavior?  What I am wanting is for the page to appear and display
the top-most portion in the browser. Any scrolling should be performed by
the user.

Thanks!

How does it happen? Do you perform a postback?

Check if you have no SmartNavigation property enabled, and no
javascript to put the focus on some objects of your page (i.e.
textboxes)