    doesn't work very well. For the pages that are loaded within the
    Iframes on each page I would like to disable them from writing to the
    browser history. Any suggestions?

    Wayne, May 30, 2007

  2. Wayne

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 30 May, 22:06, Wayne <> wrote:
    > I have an application that has over 150 pages. Within each page there
    > are between 2 and 10 Iframes. As you can imagine the back button
    > doesn't work very well.

    Ditch the iframes, go to server-side inclusion, make the Back button
    work properly.

    It's not only a practical fix for the back button, it gives the users
    a better result than trying to disable it totally.

    Andy Dingley, May 31, 2007

  3. On May 30, 5:06 pm, Wayne <> wrote:
    > I have an application that has over 150 pages.
    > Any suggestions?.....

    Yes, move the application to Flash (or Java) and have it work like an
    application.

    Travis Newbury, May 31, 2007
  4. Wayne

    Wayne Guest

    On May 31, 5:45 am, Andy Dingley <> wrote:
    > On 30 May, 22:06, Wayne <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have an application that has over 150 pages. Within each page there
    > > are between 2 and 10 Iframes. As you can imagine the back button
    > > doesn't work very well.

    > Ditch the iframes, go to server-side inclusion, make the Back button
    > work properly.
    >
    > It's not only a practical fix for the back button, it gives the users
    > a better result than trying to disable it totally.

    I would love to, but this is a vender application and it is not an
    option.

    Wayne, May 31, 2007
  5. Wayne wrote:
    > On May 31, 5:45 am, Andy Dingley <> wrote:
    >> On 30 May, 22:06, Wayne <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have an application that has over 150 pages. Within each page there
    >>> are between 2 and 10 Iframes. As you can imagine the back button
    >>> doesn't work very well.

    >> Ditch the iframes, go to server-side inclusion, make the Back button
    >> work properly.
    >>
    >> It's not only a practical fix for the back button, it gives the users
    >> a better result than trying to disable it totally.

    > I would love to, but this is a vender application and it is not an
    > option.

    Time to find a new vendor! This whole argument is silly. It's like the
    old joke "Doctor it hurts when a do this" "Well stop doing it!" The back
    button is there for a reason, don't disable it--fix your problem and you
    problem is fundamentally your design.

    Do you know what happens when visitors go to a page on a website and
    cannot find a way to back out? I'll tell you as yesterday I just talked
    my mother through navigating a website over the phone, (She one of those
    folks that managed to avoid computers for the last 20 years):

    They (with maybe some level of panic) *close* the browser!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, May 31, 2007
  6. Wayne

    dorayme Guest

    In article <5ca1e$465ee049$40cba7b6$>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > Time to find a new vendor! This whole argument is silly. It's like the
    > old joke "Doctor it hurts when a do this" "Well stop doing it!" The back
    > button is there for a reason, don't disable it

    There are some nice variations, here are two:

    Doctor, my leg hurts: So, limp!

    Doctor, my ear rings: Don't answer it!

    --
    dorayme