disable browser to offer to 'remember values' in forms.

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Erwin Moller, Sep 27, 2005.

  1. Erwin Moller

    Erwin Moller Guest

    Hi,

    Does anybody know if it is possible to suggest to the browser to NOT offer
    'remember values' in forms on a page?
    And if so: how?
    ;-)

    I have this situation where a page has a lot of buttons that fire some
    events, and also sometimes submitting a form.
    The pop-up is quite annoying.
    (I know that I can tell Mozilla to never offer it again, but I do not want
    to bother my customers with that.)

    Maybe this question is not JS related, not sure..

    TIA

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller
    Erwin Moller, Sep 27, 2005

  2. Erwin Moller

    BootNic Guest

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp...y disabled in FireFox&rnum=3#5de0005f20075c09

    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/How_to_Turn_Off_Form_Autocompletion

    --
    BootNic Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:27 AM

    A sense of humor is the lubricant of life's machinery.
    *Unknown*
    BootNic, Sep 27, 2005

  3. Erwin Moller

    Erwin Moller Guest

    BootNic wrote:

    >> "Erwin Moller"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Does anybody know if it is possible to suggest to the browser to NOT
    >> offer 'remember values' in forms on a page?
    >> And if so: how?
    >> ;-)
    >>
    >> I have this situation where a page has a lot of buttons that fire some
    >> events, and also sometimes submitting a form.
    >> The pop-up is quite annoying.
    >> (I know that I can tell Mozilla to never offer it again, but I do not
    >> want to bother my customers with that.)
    >>
    >> Maybe this question is not JS related, not sure..
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Erwin Moller

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp...y disabled in FireFox&rnum=3#5de0005f20075c09

    > http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/How_to_Turn_Off_Form_Autocompletion

    Hi Bootnic,

    I noticed you answered this question before.
    ;-)
    I google, but didn't use the word 'autocomplete' because I didn't ...
    erm..... think of it.

    Anyway: autocomplete="off" did the trick.

    Thanks!

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller
    Erwin Moller, Sep 27, 2005