disable double-click selection

yair

hey all
i have a page with a table, and when the user doubleclicks a row in
it, a window is opened. The problem is, if he doubleclicked a text in
the row, it's becoming selected.
what i want is to disable the selection upon doubleclicking, but no
the selection at all (so that the user can still just use the mouse to
select some text in the table).
is there a javascript command that can disable the selection currently
highlighted?
thanks
yair

yair

ManoDestra said:
The simple answer is don't use double click. Use the click event instead or
add an extra column with a link in it to open a new window. I would never
use a double click event as it is often used in browsers for other things.
Not sure if setting the DoubleClick event for the window would work, but you
could try.

window.ondblclick = someFunction;

function someFunction() {
//Put your code here to open a new window and see if it works.
}

Peter.

thanks for the response.
i m just asking how can i unselect when a text is selected.
yair