    Anyone know how to disable flash in moz/ff so I can test if my replacement
    content works ok?

    I can do this in Konq, but can't find the option in ff.

    Jim Higson, Sep 21, 2004

  2. Jim Higson

    Sam Hughes Guest

    Jim Higson <> wrote in
    news::

    > Anyone know how to disable flash in moz/ff so I can test if my
    > replacement content works ok?
    >
    > I can do this in Konq, but can't find the option in ff.

    Install PrefsBar. It puts a whole bunch of preferences options right on a
    toolbar. Great for Web developers. On mine, I have a check box that
    toggles Flash.

    Sam Hughes, Sep 21, 2004

  3. Jim Higson

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Jim Higson wrote:

    > Anyone know how to disable flash in moz/ff so I can test if my replacement
    > content works ok?
    >
    > I can do this in Konq, but can't find the option in ff.

    Web developers bar... it's great.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Sep 21, 2004
  4. Jim Higson

    mbstevens Guest

    Jim Higson wrote:

    > Anyone know how to disable flash in moz/ff so I can test if my replacement
    > content works ok?
    >
    > I can do this in Konq, but can't find the option in ff.

    The plugin is usually in ~/.mozilla/plugins. If not you'll have to become
    root and do an 'slocate -u' as root to build a files database.
    Then you can use 'locate' as a normal user to locate the flash plugin. It's
    usually named 'libflashplayer.so' or the like. Write a tiny bash script
    that can rename it and another to name it back. Give these scripts very
    short names for ease of use. Ain't Linux grand?
    --
    mbstevens
    http://www.mbstevens.com

    mbstevens, Sep 21, 2004
  5. Jim Higson

    Jim Higson Guest

    SpaceGirl wrote:

    > Jim Higson wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know how to disable flash in moz/ff so I can test if my
    >> replacement content works ok?
    >>
    >> I can do this in Konq, but can't find the option in ff.

    > Web developers bar... it's great.

    I've got that - can't see anything to disable flash, only images, css etc.
    Where should I look?

    Jim Higson, Sep 21, 2004
  6. Jim Higson

    Jim Higson Guest

    mbstevens wrote:

    > Jim Higson wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know how to disable flash in moz/ff so I can test if my
    >> replacement content works ok?
    >>
    >> I can do this in Konq, but can't find the option in ff.

    > The plugin is usually in ~/.mozilla/plugins. If not you'll have to become
    > root and do an 'slocate -u' as root to build a files database.
    > Then you can use 'locate' as a normal user to locate the flash plugin.
    > It's
    > usually named 'libflashplayer.so' or the like. Write a tiny bash script
    > that can rename it and another to name it back. Give these scripts very
    > short names for ease of use. Ain't Linux grand?

    Not such a bad idea. Since FF's link to it seems to just be a symlink I feel
    more comfortable just removing + recreating it.

    Jim Higson, Sep 21, 2004
  7. Jim Higson

    mbstevens Guest

    Jim Higson wrote:

    > Not such a bad idea. Since FF's link to it seems to just be a symlink I
    > feel more comfortable just removing + recreating it.

    Cool. Ask 10 penguins how to do something, get 10 answers.

    mbstevens, Sep 21, 2004
  8. Jim Higson

    mbstevens Guest

    mbstevens wrote:

    > Jim Higson wrote:
    >
    >> Not such a bad idea. Since FF's link to it seems to just be a symlink I
    >> feel more comfortable just removing + recreating it.

    > Cool. Ask 10 penguins how to do something, get 10 answers.

    ...erm, get 10 different answers.

    mbstevens, Sep 21, 2004
  9. Jim Higson

    SpaceGirl Guest

    mbstevens wrote:
    > mbstevens wrote:
    >

    >>Jim Higson wrote:
    >>

    >>>Not such a bad idea. Since FF's link to it seems to just be a symlink I
    >>>feel more comfortable just removing + recreating it.

    >>Cool. Ask 10 penguins how to do something, get 10 answers.

    > ...erm, get 10 different answers.

    lol

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Sep 22, 2004
  10. Jim Higson

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Jim Higson wrote:
    > SpaceGirl wrote:
    >

    >>Jim Higson wrote:
    >>

    >>>Anyone know how to disable flash in moz/ff so I can test if my
    >>>replacement content works ok?
    >>>
    >>>I can do this in Konq, but can't find the option in ff.

    >>Web developers bar... it's great.

    > I've got that - can't see anything to disable flash, only images, css etc.
    > Where should I look?

    Hmmm you got me there!!!! I thought you could, but had never tried. You
    can toggle Flash on and off in Avant Browser (a nifty little wrapped for
    IE), and I could have swore FF had it too... doesn't look like it does.
    Sorry!

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Sep 22, 2004
  11. Quoth the raven SpaceGirl:

    > Hmmm you got me there!!!! I thought you could, but had never tried.
    > You can toggle Flash on and off in Avant Browser (a nifty little
    > wrapped for IE), and I could have swore FF had it too... doesn't
    > look like it does. Sorry!

    Use the Prefbar extension. Very handy. Has a Flash button.

    http://home.rochester.rr.com/bshagnasty/images/mozbar.png
    http://prefbar.mozdev.org/

    --
    -bts