Disable impersonation programmatically?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Tobias Lekman, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I have an issue with Indexing service and impersonation,
    namely that Indexing service do not work properly with

    <identity impersonate="true" />

    I am using this parameter for different access levels for
    WRITE access and am using trusted sql connections,
    therefore I do not want to disable impersonation.

    The question is: is there a way to programmatically,
    within the code-behind or class file, to disable
    impersonation and execute using the anonymous or system
    account??

    The only way I found around this was to create a web
    service as a wrapper for the indexing service calls, which
    is not very elegant at all.

    Any ideas would be deeply appreciated.

    Tobias

    Tobias Lekman, Nov 3, 2003