    Many thanks ia.
    --
    I.

    I.N. Galidakis, Aug 18, 2012

  2. I.N. Galidakis

    dorayme Guest

    In article <k0nkft$ho2$>,
    "I.N. Galidakis" <> wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > How can I disable Javascript in my IE 8?
    >
    > I tried various options on the Internet menu of IE8, but all are disabled
    > already and Javascript still works.

    Did you go into Internet Options/Security/Internet/Custom/ and disable
    some or all the things that mention scripting? Your subject heading
    says Java as well as script and your content question says Javascript,
    Java is a different thing to Javascript, the name of the latter has a
    history based on some connections but they are different beasts.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Aug 18, 2012

  3. Re: Disable Javascript

    dorayme wrote:
    > In article <k0nkft$ho2$>,
    > "I.N. Galidakis" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> How can I disable Javascript in my IE 8?
    >>
    >> I tried various options on the Internet menu of IE8, but all are
    >> disabled already and Javascript still works.

    > Did you go into Internet Options/Security/Internet/Custom/ and disable
    > some or all the things that mention scripting? Your subject heading
    > says Java as well as script and your content question says Javascript,
    > Java is a different thing to Javascript, the name of the latter has a
    > history based on some connections but they are different beasts.

    Thanks.

    Java is already disabled from the options ckeck marks. I am interested in
    disabling Javascript and I cannot seem to fin it anywhere on any panel.
    --
    I.

    I.N. Galidakis, Aug 18, 2012
  4. Re: Disable Javascript

    Chet wrote:
    > On 8/18/2012 10:22 AM, I.N. Galidakis wrote:
    >> dorayme wrote:

    >>> Did you go into Internet Options/Security/Internet/Custom/ and
    >>> disable
    >>> some or all the things that mention scripting? Your subject heading
    >>> says Java as well as script and your content question says
    >>> Javascript,
    >>> Java is a different thing to Javascript, the name of the latter has
    >>> a history based on some connections but they are different beasts.

    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Java is already disabled from the options ckeck marks. I am
    >> interested in disabling Javascript and I cannot seem to fin it
    >> anywhere on any panel.

    > Open Internet Options and select the Security tab, then click the
    > Custom level button.
    >
    > In the Security Settings - Internet Zone dialog box scroll down to
    > the Scripting section, under Active scripting selecting Disable
    > should do what you want.
    >
    > hth

    Thanks. It does. I could not find the category Active Scripting, because my IE8
    is Greek, but it seems if I raise the level of security to high on any tab, JS
    doesn't execute.
    --
    I.

    I.N. Galidakis, Aug 18, 2012
  5. I.N. Galidakis

    dorayme Guest

    Re: Disable Javascript

    In article <k0obuv$i7o$>,
    "I.N. Galidakis" <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    > > In article <k0nkft$ho2$>,
    > > "I.N. Galidakis" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi everyone,
    > >>
    > >> How can I disable Javascript in my IE 8?
    > >>
    > >> I tried various options on the Internet menu of IE8, but all are
    > >> disabled already and Javascript still works.

    > > Did you go into Internet Options/Security/Internet/Custom/ and disable
    > > some or all the things that mention scripting? Your subject heading
    > > says Java as well as script and your content question says Javascript,
    > > Java is a different thing to Javascript, the name of the latter has a
    > > history based on some connections but they are different beasts.

    > Thanks.
    >
    > Java is already disabled from the options ckeck marks. I am interested in
    > disabling Javascript and I cannot seem to fin it anywhere on any panel.

    I assume you went to into Internet Options/Security/Internet/Custom/
    and had no luck!

    Microsoft, as I understand, way back developed their own version of
    "javascript" and did not call it this but JScript. And there have been
    (till at least recently I think) annoying incompatibilities or lack of
    support by IE for all the js client side scripting that works in other
    browsers.

    MS is not always transparent in the operation of its browsers, perhaps
    look to disable pop up windows and other things to do with JScript. In
    the last Mac version of IE, there is a preference ("option" to you
    white men) for "Enable scripting" under Web Content". There was also
    a "Security Zone" setting where you could set a level of security (to
    "exclude content that could damage your computer") for all sites that
    are not in any special class whose members you could enumerate. In
    other words, if you listed none, the security setting would apply top
    all visited websites. Presumably scripting would be something affected
    by such settings.

    When, as an experiment, I used the highest security setting many years
    back, I noticed that an armed man would appear on my porch, sitting in
    the rocking chair drinking stubbies of beer. I found this disturbing
    as the beer came from my own fridge. I turned more and more to other
    browsers.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Aug 19, 2012