Disable javascript in Netscape 8?

Bob

Does anyone know how to disable javascript in the new Netscape 8 -- for
off line testing (like can be done readily with the current MSIE,
Firefox or Opera browsers) ?

When I try tools -> options -> site controls -> web features and check
or uncheck the 'enable javascript' box, nothing changes -- it stays
enabled.

I've searched FAQs, archives and google about the issue, with no luck.

The odd thing is I swear last summer I managed past the problem
intermittently by clearing the cache, restarting the program, rebooting
the system, or something like that . . . but then got busy with other
things and now I don't recall what I did -- or if I was dreaming.

If no-one else can disable javascript on NN8, then why worry? I don't
know -- to be thorough, I guess. Would a third party security program
'disable javascript' feature be a way to test NN8 under these
circumstances? Or maybe it's the case that the 'disable javascript'
controls in NN8 work only for online content (the reverse of the MSIE
controls). I'll check it out and report back.

In the mean time . . . any help?

cwdjrxyz

Bob said:
[...]

I have Netscape 8.0.3.3 which is based on Firefox. I am using Windows
XP with SP2 and all other upgrades. I unchecked JS/VB on the Netscape
browser and returned a few times to be sure it remained unchecked,
which it did. I also rebooted a few times in case some registry setting
had to be changed by rebooting. However JS still worked on web pages at
my domain that use JS.

I have several browsers and usually leave script on for all of them
except when I am checking how one of my pages works with script off. I
usually use Firefox for this, and it allows script to be turned on and
off easily. Thus I am not going to waste a lot of time on this Netscape
8 apparent problem. Perhaps Netscape has some sort of forum where you
could ask. If you find out how to correct the problem, please let us
know.