    hotmail address ()

    Thanks and regards,
    Prashant
    Prashant Joshi, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Prashant Joshi

    Grant Wagner Guest

    Prashant Joshi wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I am using javascript to open a popup window. Is there any way we can
    > disable the minimize button in this window? The maximize button is
    > disabled. I want the same for the minimize button.
    >
    > Here is the javascript code that opens the window :
    >
    > child = window.open('NewWindow.aspx', null, 'width=850, height=450,
    > directories=no, menubar=no, resizable=no, scrollbars=no, status=no,
    > toolbar=no, directories=no');
    >
    > don't bother about the query string parameters. Any help in this
    > matter will be greatly appreciated. Can u also send replies to my
    > hotmail address ()
    >
    > Thanks and regards,
    > Prashant

    No, you have no control over the minimize button of a new window (unless
    you're talking about Microsoft specific modal dialogs, in which case you
    might, I don't use them enough to know one way or another). Quite
    frankly, you can't be guaranteed anything about your call to
    window.open() anyway, so trying to control what the user can do with a
    window that you aren't even sure is the size you want, has the chrome you
    want or is even open is rather pointless.

    Also, the attributes parameter should be a comma-separated list of values
    with no spaces. Some browsers will not give you the desired attributes if
    you include spaces in the attributes string.

    --
    | Grant Wagner <>

    *

    *