disable minimize button in pop up window

Prashant Joshi

Hi all,
I am using javascript to open a popup window. Is there any way we can
disable the minimize button in this window? The maximize button is
disabled. I want the same for the minimize button.

Here is the javascript code that opens the window :

child = window.open('NewWindow.aspx', null, 'width=850, height=450,
directories=no, menubar=no, resizable=no, scrollbars=no, status=no,
toolbar=no, directories=no');

don't bother about the query string parameters. Any help in this
matter will be greatly appreciated. Can u also send replies to my
hotmail address ([email protected])

Thanks and regards,
Prashant

Grant Wagner

Prashant said:
Hi all,
I am using javascript to open a popup window. Is there any way we can
disable the minimize button in this window? The maximize button is
disabled. I want the same for the minimize button.

Here is the javascript code that opens the window :

child = window.open('NewWindow.aspx', null, 'width=850, height=450,
directories=no, menubar=no, resizable=no, scrollbars=no, status=no,
toolbar=no, directories=no');

don't bother about the query string parameters. Any help in this
matter will be greatly appreciated. Can u also send replies to my
hotmail address ([email protected])

Thanks and regards,
Prashant

No, you have no control over the minimize button of a new window (unless
you're talking about Microsoft specific modal dialogs, in which case you
might, I don't use them enough to know one way or another). Quite
frankly, you can't be guaranteed anything about your call to
window.open() anyway, so trying to control what the user can do with a
window that you aren't even sure is the size you want, has the chrome you
want or is even open is rather pointless.

Also, the attributes parameter should be a comma-separated list of values
with no spaces. Some browsers will not give you the desired attributes if
you include spaces in the attributes string.

--
| Grant Wagner <[email protected]>

*

*