Disable "New Hardware found"

Discussion in 'C++' started by ZubZero, Oct 28, 2004.

  1. ZubZero

    ZubZero Guest

    Hello,

    i have to write a utility in c++ for windows 2k/XP.
    But i have 2 difficult problems.
    I asked many programmers i know, but none of them was able to tell me
    how i can do this.

    1. I would like to disable a specific USB-port (not all ports, only
    one).
    I have a USB Cardreader with an integrated 7-port USB-Hub.
    Now i would like to disable one specific USB-Port of the USB-Hub.

    2. I need to disable the "Found new Hardware" - Dialog, if there is a
    new modem or mobile phone found via infrared.
    If the user send a picture with your mobile phone via infrared,
    Windows want to install a driver for the phone.
    How can i disable this?
    I found an article in Microsofts Knowledge Base about disabling USB
    Storage.
    I tried to disable the infrared enumeration on the same way, but then
    the hole infrared port isn´t working any more.

    Maybe someone has a idea?

    Any help would be appreciated.
    This seems to be very difficult.

    regards,

    Daniel
    ZubZero, Oct 28, 2004

  2. "ZubZero" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > i have to write a utility in c++ for windows 2k/XP.
    > But i have 2 difficult problems.
    > I asked many programmers i know, but none of them was able to tell me
    > how i can do this.
    >
    > 1. I would like to disable a specific USB-port (not all ports, only
    > one).
    > I have a USB Cardreader with an integrated 7-port USB-Hub.
    > Now i would like to disable one specific USB-Port of the USB-Hub.
    >
    > 2. I need to disable the "Found new Hardware" - Dialog, if there is a
    > new modem or mobile phone found via infrared.
    > If the user send a picture with your mobile phone via infrared,
    > Windows want to install a driver for the phone.
    > How can i disable this?
    > I found an article in Microsofts Knowledge Base about disabling USB
    > Storage.
    > I tried to disable the infrared enumeration on the same way, but then
    > the hole infrared port isn´t working any more.
    >
    > Maybe someone has a idea?

    No, none at all. Not really surprising since this is a C++ group, and you
    are asking about programming Windows hardware. Perhaps you could try again
    on a Window programming group, maybe

    john
    John Harrison, Oct 28, 2004

  3. > No, none at all. Not really surprising since this is a C++ group,
    > and you
    > are asking about programming Windows hardware. Perhaps you could try
    > again
    > on a Window programming group, maybe

    But don't expect an answer. I don't think you can solve this problem
    unless you work in the MS kernel developer team.
    Gernot Frisch, Oct 28, 2004