Disable QuickTime

Discussion in 'HTML' started by susan, Nov 7, 2007.

  1. susan

    susan Guest

    Hello,

    How can I disable QuickTime in favorite of Windows Media Player when I want
    to play mp3-files in a HTML-pages in the embeded mode?
    Like:

    <embed src = "d:\music\track 04.mp3" width="500" height="40"
    autostart="true">

    I can't uninstall QuickTime because it's needed in iTunes which I have to
    use for my iPod...

    OS: Windows XP Home
    Browser: IE 7.0
    Site: local

    Thanks,

    Susan
    susan, Nov 7, 2007

  2. susan wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > How can I disable QuickTime in favorite of Windows Media Player when I want
    > to play mp3-files in a HTML-pages in the embeded mode?
    > Like:
    >
    > <embed src = "d:\music\track 04.mp3" width="500" height="40"
    > autostart="true">
    >
    > I can't uninstall QuickTime because it's needed in iTunes which I have to
    > use for my iPod...

    Like almost any multimedia software these days, both applications have
    file type settings for this purpose.
    Harlan Messinger, Nov 7, 2007

  3. susan

    Bone Ur Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 07 Nov 2007 14:02:32
    GMT susan scribed:

    > Hello,
    >
    > How can I disable QuickTime in favorite of Windows Media Player when I
    > want to play mp3-files in a HTML-pages in the embeded mode?
    > Like:
    >
    > <embed src = "d:\music\track 04.mp3" width="500" height="40"
    > autostart="true">
    >
    > I can't uninstall QuickTime because it's needed in iTunes which I have
    > to use for my iPod...
    >

    > OS: Windows XP Home
    > Browser: IE 7.0
    > Site: local

    I had that problem in ie6, and the only "way out" I could find (-despite
    playing with mime types, etc.,) was to uninstall the damn thing. My
    suggestion is that if you _need_ it for itunes, get rid of itunes. If you
    need it by association for your ipod, get something else. Don't become
    chained in a vicious circle by this crap.

    --
    Bone Ur
    Cavemen have formidable pheromones.
    Bone Ur, Nov 7, 2007