Disable QuickTime

susan

Hello,

How can I disable QuickTime in favorite of Windows Media Player when I want
to play mp3-files in a HTML-pages in the embeded mode?
Like:

<embed src = "d:\music\track 04.mp3" width="500" height="40"
autostart="true">

I can't uninstall QuickTime because it's needed in iTunes which I have to
use for my iPod...

OS: Windows XP Home
Browser: IE 7.0
Site: local

Thanks,

Susan

Harlan Messinger

susan said:
Hello,

How can I disable QuickTime in favorite of Windows Media Player when I want
to play mp3-files in a HTML-pages in the embeded mode?
Like:

<embed src = "d:\music\track 04.mp3" width="500" height="40"
autostart="true">

I can't uninstall QuickTime because it's needed in iTunes which I have to
use for my iPod...

Like almost any multimedia software these days, both applications have
file type settings for this purpose.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 07 Nov 2007 14:02:32
GMT susan scribed:
Hello,

How can I disable QuickTime in favorite of Windows Media Player when I
want to play mp3-files in a HTML-pages in the embeded mode?
Like:

<embed src = "d:\music\track 04.mp3" width="500" height="40"
autostart="true">

I can't uninstall QuickTime because it's needed in iTunes which I have
to use for my iPod...

OS: Windows XP Home
Browser: IE 7.0
Site: local

I had that problem in ie6, and the only "way out" I could find (-despite
playing with mime types, etc.,) was to uninstall the damn thing. My
suggestion is that if you _need_ it for itunes, get rid of itunes. If you
need it by association for your ipod, get something else. Don't become
chained in a vicious circle by this crap.