Disable resize button

myonov

Hi!

I need to disable resize button in Tkinter.
I inherit the Frame class. Then in the constructor i make my buttons,
labels, etc. Then I pack them and when move borders of the frame
everything changes it's location and it looks really bad. How can I
change that?
That's my code:
# -*- coding: cp1251 -*-
import Tkinter

class App(Tkinter.Frame):
def click(self):
pass

def click2(self):
pass

def __init__(self, master=None):
Tkinter.Frame.__init__(self, master, width = 700, height =
400,\
bg = "#999999")
self.pack()

# Buttons

self.b1 = Tkinter.Button(self, text = u"äÏÂÁ×É ëÎÉÇÁ",\
command=self.click, font = "Courier",
\
fg = "red")
self.b2 = Tkinter.Button(self, text = u"äÏÂÁ×É ÞÉÔÁÔÅÌ",\
command=self.click2, font = "Courier",
\
fg = "red")
self.b1.place(relx = 0.75, rely = 0.3)
self.b2.place(relx = 0.75, rely = 0.4)

# Labels

self.l1 = Tkinter.Label(self, font = "Courier", height = 4,\
text = u"éÎÆÏÒÍÁÃÉÑ", fg = "#ffffff",\
bg = "#999999")
self.l1.place(x = 275, y = 10)

# Text Control
# self.txt = Tkinter.Text(self, bg = "#124456", )
# self.txt.pack()

def main():
app = App()
app.mainloop()

if __name__ == "__main__": main()

Francesco Bochicchio

Il Mon, 24 Mar 2008 04:38:50 -0700, myonov ha scritto:
Hi!

I need to disable resize button in Tkinter. I inherit the Frame class.
Then in the constructor i make my buttons, labels, etc. Then I pack them
and when move borders of the frame everything changes it's location and
it looks really bad. How can I change that?
That's my code:
# -*- coding: cp1251 -*-
import Tkinter

class App(Tkinter.Frame):
def click(self):
pass

def click2(self):
pass

def __init__(self, master=None):
Tkinter.Frame.__init__(self, master, width = 700, height =
400,\
bg = "#999999")
self.pack()

# Buttons

self.b1 = Tkinter.Button(self, text = u"Добави Книга",\
command=self.click, font = "Courier",
\
fg = "red")
self.b2 = Tkinter.Button(self, text = u"Добави читател",\
command=self.click2, font = "Courier",
\
fg = "red")
self.b1.place(relx = 0.75, rely = 0.3) self.b2.place(relx =
0.75, rely = 0.4)

# Labels

self.l1 = Tkinter.Label(self, font = "Courier", height = 4,\
text = u"ИнформациÑ", fg = "#ffffff",\
bg = "#999999")
self.l1.place(x = 275, y = 10)

# Text Control
# self.txt = Tkinter.Text(self, bg = "#124456", ) #
self.txt.pack()

You could try including the frame in a toplevel window (e.g. passing
Tkinter.Tk() as super) and then doing super.wm_resizable(None, None)

A better idea would be using pack instead of place, leaving to the
toolkit the job of rearranging the widgets when the window is enlarged
or reduced.

Ciao

myonov

Il Mon, 24 Mar 2008 04:38:50 -0700, myonov ha scritto:

You could try including the frame in a toplevel window (e.g. passing
Tkinter.Tk() as super) and then doing super.wm_resizable(None, None)

A better idea would be using pack instead of place, leaving to the
toolkit the job of rearranging the widgets when the window is enlarged
or reduced.

Ciao

Thanks a lot :)
Is there a way to avoid Tk() and to disable resize button only for an
instance of a class which inherits Frame?