Disable Right Mouse-Click Menu

Beryl Small

I need to stop users viewing my web application from be able to download the
pictures on the web site. How can I do this using VB?

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

It is possible to eliminate the right click menu, but it is not possible to
prevent people from downloading the pictures from your web site.
You must understand that - if the user is viewing the image on your web
page - then they have already downloaded the image. It is now in the cache
on their hard drive and anybody who knows how can easily fetch it and do
whatever they want with it.

darrel

I need to stop users viewing my web application from be able to download
the
pictures on the web site. How can I do this using VB?

As Steve says, you can't. Any attempt at it via technology (like disabling
right-clicks) does nothing to actually prevent people from getting the
images and only adds accessibility and usability hurdles for web site users.

-Darrel