    I would like the back and forward button be disabled when the users
    navigates in the asp app. or disable all the navigation toolbar?

    could it be done with javascript code? could it be possible for mozilla too?
    Laurahn, Feb 5, 2007

  2. Fortunately, it is not possible.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldin
    http://usableasp.net

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 5, 2007

  3. Laurahn

    Aidy Guest

    > Fortunately, it is not possible.

    The technology moves forward yet the questions are still the same :)
    Aidy, Feb 5, 2007
  4. Hello Laurahn,

    As for disabling the navigation button OF IE, do you actually want to
    prevent the user from viewing previously displayed pages? So far, for any
    kinds of pure html based web application, we can not really disable any
    functionality of the client-side browser. That will require we use some
    unsafe code(such as ActiveX or windows script) and that need the client
    user to allow we run those code.

    Currently, there are many discussion about how to implement function to
    disable IE back button. Some of them are using client-side script to
    programmatically forward page or use http cache-control header to disable
    client-side cache.

    http://blogs.geekdojo.net/ryan/archive/2003/11/20/313.aspx

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng