Disable the navigation buttons for IE navigation toolbar

Laurahn

Hi:

I don't know if it 's possible change the behavior of the IE from asp .net
app.

I would like the back and forward button be disabled when the users
navigates in the asp app. or disable all the navigation toolbar?

could it be done with javascript code? could it be possible for mozilla too?

Aidy

Fortunately, it is not possible.

The technology moves forward yet the questions are still the same :)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Laurahn,

As for disabling the navigation button OF IE, do you actually want to
prevent the user from viewing previously displayed pages? So far, for any
kinds of pure html based web application, we can not really disable any
functionality of the client-side browser. That will require we use some
unsafe code(such as ActiveX or windows script) and that need the client
user to allow we run those code.

Currently, there are many discussion about how to implement function to
disable IE back button. Some of them are using client-side script to
programmatically forward page or use http cache-control header to disable
client-side cache.

http://blogs.geekdojo.net/ryan/archive/2003/11/20/313.aspx

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng