: disable WAP browser caching

Discussion in 'HTML' started by amar.groups@gmail.com, Sep 13, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi All,

    (Apologize if I got the wrong list, this was the closest fit I could
    find. Kindly do redirect to the right list if possible)

    I am trying to disable the browser cache on a Treo 600 running Blazer
    browser v3.0. I am generating the wml page using JSP and I have added
    all the header/meta tags I can find to disable caching on the browser
    but it still continues to fetch the page from the memory and does not
    disable caching. I notice that my refresh in wml gets the page from
    cache (<go> </go> command) whereas using the browsers built in refresh
    menu option gets the latest page from the server. So I had two
    questions..

    1. Help :) how do i fix this. I am reproducing my code segment below.

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.2//EN"
    "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml">
    <%
    response.setContentType("text/vnd.wap.wml");
    response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "must-revalidate, no-cache,
    max-age=0, forua=true, no-store");
    response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
    %>
    <wml>

    2. Is there any way I can access the browser menu options using
    WMLScript/WML?

    Much thanks in advance for any help.

    cheers,
    amar

    , Sep 13, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I am trying to disable the browser cache on a Treo 600 running Blazer
    > browser v3.0.

    > response.setContentType("text/vnd.wap.wml");
    > response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "must-revalidate, no-cache,
    > max-age=0, forua=true, no-store");
    > response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");

    I'm afraid your problem is browser-related rather than
    anything else.
    Try also setHeader("Expires","0");
    If you're really into headers, see also the http rfc:

    Mitja Trampus, Sep 14, 2005