Disable Web Forms Designer

Chris van den Heuvel

Does anyone know how we can set which designer (i.e. HTML vs Web Forms) that
an aspx/ascx file is opened in Visual Studio 2003?

I know there's a way to do it (I did it years back) but I can't for the life
of me figure it out. I need to do this becuase the project I am working
inherits from an abstract class and the Web Forms Designer does not like
that. Hence I want to open all pages and controls directly in the HTML view
so I do not keep getting the error.

Thanks.

Chris

Samuel R. Neff

in solution explorer right click the file and choose "open with...".
The next dialog provides a mechanism to select an editor and set it as
default.

HTH,

Sam

Chris van den Heuvel

Thank you...that worked....

Samuel R. Neff said:
in solution explorer right click the file and choose "open with...".
The next dialog provides a mechanism to select an editor and set it as
default.

HTH,

Sam

We're hiring! B-Line Medical is seeking .NET
Developers for exciting positions in medical product
development in MD/DC. Work with a variety of technologies
in a relaxed team environment. See ads on Dice.com.