DISABLED

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Eustace, Feb 24, 2008.

  1. Eustace

    Eustace Guest

    When checking my webpage with JSLint, I get this kind of error:

    ================
    Problem at line 242 character 73: Expected '=' and instead saw '>'.

    NAME="firstDayOfWeek" VALUE="" SIZE=2 MAXLENGTH=2 DISABLED></td>
    ================

    But if I make it DISABLED=true to please JSLint, then the W3C Markup
    Validation Service finds it wrong and prefers it the other way. Is there
    any way acceptable to both JSLint and to the W3C Valicator?

    Thanks,

    Eustace

    --
    Date Calculator with all-purpose JS code
    http://www.geocities.com/emfrilingos/js/datecalc.html

    Eustace, Feb 24, 2008

  2. Eustace wrote:
    > When checking my webpage with JSLint, I get this kind of error:
    >
    > ================
    > Problem at line 242 character 73: Expected '=' and instead saw '>'.
    >
    > NAME="firstDayOfWeek" VALUE="" SIZE=2 MAXLENGTH=2 DISABLED></td>
    > ================
    >
    > But if I make it DISABLED=true to please JSLint, then the W3C Markup
    > Validation Service finds it wrong and prefers it the other way. Is there
    > any way acceptable to both JSLint and to the W3C Valicator?

    You can use
    DISABLED="DISABLED"
    although with HTML 4 the short form
    DISABLED