disabling certain warnings in synopsys dc

Tuukka Toivonen

Program specific question this time, sorry:
How can I disable a given warning message in Synopsys
Design Analyzer (the GUI synthesis tool)
(Version 2000.05-1 -- Jul 12, 2000).

The manual says:
Using the Command-Line Interface
Design Analyzer's Command Window shows the command-line
interface. All commands and reports generated by menu selections
echo in the Command Window. You can type Design Compiler
(dc_shell) commands in the command entry box.
<<<<<<

OK, found it.
The Design Compiler manual gives to command I need:
To suppress warning and error messages, use the
suppress_errors command with the list of message names you
want to suppress.
Example
dc_shell> suppress_message CMD-029
<<<<<

But the command to disable the warning doesn't work:
design_analyzer> suppress_message CMD-029
Error: Undefined operator on or near line 3 at or near 'suppress_message'. (EQN-2)
<<<<<

The manuals also refer to "man page" of suppress_message, but it
doesn't seem to exist ("no manual entry for ..."), if I type
"man suppress_message" into the window. "man man" also doesn't exist, but
"man help" works.

I ran dc_shell-t (Tcl mode) and the command actually works there, but
from manuals: "Tcl mode commands are not supported in Design Analyzer."
So it won't help.

I'm trying to disable the warning message
"VHDL-93 generates concatenation results from VHDL-87 (VHDL-2285)"
that was discussed on this list some months/years ago.
Disabling this message by editing VHDL code is very ugly and I'd
rather avoid it.

Tuukka Toivonen

To suppress warning and error messages, use the
suppress_errors command with the list of message names you
want to suppress.
Example
dc_shell> suppress_message CMD-029
<<<<<

OK, I just solved the problem by noticing what exactly this says.
The correct command is
suppress_errors = { VHDL-2285 }
(which is completely different from the manual example)