Disabling HTML-Kit as default windows browser

Discussion in 'HTML' started by John Latter, Sep 9, 2003.

  1. John Latter

    John Latter Guest

    Hi,

    When I installed HTML-Kit I have a 'vague' memory of selecting an
    option whereby it became my default windows browser. I would like to
    return to ie explorer - does anyone know how to do this please? (I've
    looked thru the options - of which there are thousands! - and nothing
    obvious can be seen

    But there again, I'm not too clever! :)

    Thanks,

    --

    John Latter

    The 'Socially Acceptable Violence' website:
    http://members.aol.com/jorolat/sac.html

    Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism
    http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html
    John Latter, Sep 9, 2003

  2. John Latter

    Els Guest

    John Latter wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > When I installed HTML-Kit I have a 'vague' memory of selecting an
    > option whereby it became my default windows browser. I would like to
    > return to ie explorer - does anyone know how to do this please? (I've
    > looked thru the options - of which there are thousands! - and nothing
    > obvious can be seen

    in IE, menu: internet-opties, tabblad programma's, aanvinken
    "controleren of IE de standaard browser is"
    Als je daarna Explorer opent, vraagt ie als het goed is (en
    als ik me niet vergis :-/) of je IE je standaard browser
    wilt maken, en kun je daar ja op antwoorden.

    --
    Els

    Mente humana é como pára-quedas; funciona melhor aberta.
    Els, Sep 9, 2003

  3. John Latter

    Els Guest

    Els wrote:

    > John Latter wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> When I installed HTML-Kit I have a 'vague' memory of selecting an
    >> option whereby it became my default windows browser. I would like to
    >> return to ie explorer - does anyone know how to do this please? (I've
    >> looked thru the options - of which there are thousands! - and nothing
    >> obvious can be seen

    > in IE, menu: internet-opties, tabblad programma's, aanvinken

    - snip dutch stuff -

    Oops, wrong language, again in English:

    in IE menu: extra, internet options, tab: programms, at
    bottom of page: tick checkbox "check if IE is standard
    browser", and next time you open IE, it should (IIRC) ask
    you if you want IE to be your standard browser, to which you
    can reply with 'yes' :)

    Els, Sep 9, 2003
  4. John Latter

    John Latter Guest

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:07:35 +0200, Els
    <> wrote:

    >Els wrote:
    >
    >> John Latter wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> When I installed HTML-Kit I have a 'vague' memory of selecting an
    >>> option whereby it became my default windows browser. I would like to
    >>> return to ie explorer - does anyone know how to do this please? (I've
    >>> looked thru the options - of which there are thousands! - and nothing
    >>> obvious can be seen

    >> in IE, menu: internet-opties, tabblad programma's, aanvinken

    >- snip dutch stuff -
    >
    >Oops, wrong language, again in English:
    >
    >in IE menu: extra, internet options, tab: programms, at
    >bottom of page: tick checkbox "check if IE is standard
    >browser", and next time you open IE, it should (IIRC) ask
    >you if you want IE to be your standard browser, to which you
    >can reply with 'yes' :)

    I've tried that Els but it doesn't work for some reason! (arrgggghhhh)

    John Latter, Sep 9, 2003
  5. John Latter

    John Latter Guest

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 13:10:30 +0100, John Latter <>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:07:35 +0200, Els
    ><> wrote:

    >>> in IE, menu: internet-opties, tabblad programma's, aanvinken

    >>- snip dutch stuff -
    >>
    >>Oops, wrong language, again in English:
    >>
    >>in IE menu: extra, internet options, tab: programms, at
    >>bottom of page: tick checkbox "check if IE is standard
    >>browser", and next time you open IE, it should (IIRC) ask
    >>you if you want IE to be your standard browser, to which you
    >>can reply with 'yes' :)

    >I've tried that Els but it doesn't work for some reason! (arrgggghhhh)

    I've managed to fix the problem (YAY!!!!!!!!). All I did was right
    click on an (or any) html file & when it gave the options I choose
    "Open with" followed by "Choose Program" & then set IE" as my default.

    'Phew' I'm glad that's sorted and hope the info may be of use to
    anyone who is as (deletes "dumb") inexperienced as me! HTML-Kit may be
    a good program (I haven't really started using it yet) but trying to
    read help files & stuff in such a small window was a nightmare (and I
    couldn't see any 'Back' button either!)

    John Latter, Sep 9, 2003