Disabling HTML-Kit as default windows browser

John Latter

Hi,

When I installed HTML-Kit I have a 'vague' memory of selecting an
option whereby it became my default windows browser. I would like to
return to ie explorer - does anyone know how to do this please? (I've
looked thru the options - of which there are thousands! - and nothing
obvious can be seen

But there again, I'm not too clever! :)

Thanks,

--

John Latter

The 'Socially Acceptable Violence' website:
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/sac.html

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

Els

John said:
Hi,

When I installed HTML-Kit I have a 'vague' memory of selecting an
option whereby it became my default windows browser. I would like to
return to ie explorer - does anyone know how to do this please? (I've
looked thru the options - of which there are thousands! - and nothing
obvious can be seen

in IE, menu: internet-opties, tabblad programma's, aanvinken
"controleren of IE de standaard browser is"
Als je daarna Explorer opent, vraagt ie als het goed is (en
als ik me niet vergis :-/) of je IE je standaard browser
wilt maken, en kun je daar ja op antwoorden.

Els

Els said:
in IE, menu: internet-opties, tabblad programma's, aanvinken

- snip dutch stuff -

Oops, wrong language, again in English:

in IE menu: extra, internet options, tab: programms, at
bottom of page: tick checkbox "check if IE is standard
browser", and next time you open IE, it should (IIRC) ask
you if you want IE to be your standard browser, to which you
can reply with 'yes' :)

John Latter

- snip dutch stuff -

Oops, wrong language, again in English:

in IE menu: extra, internet options, tab: programms, at
bottom of page: tick checkbox "check if IE is standard
browser", and next time you open IE, it should (IIRC) ask
you if you want IE to be your standard browser, to which you
can reply with 'yes' :)

I've tried that Els but it doesn't work for some reason! (arrgggghhhh)

--

John Latter

The 'Socially Acceptable Violence' website:
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/sac.html

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

John Latter

I've tried that Els but it doesn't work for some reason! (arrgggghhhh)

I've managed to fix the problem (YAY!!!!!!!!). All I did was right
click on an (or any) html file & when it gave the options I choose
"Open with" followed by "Choose Program" & then set IE" as my default.

'Phew' I'm glad that's sorted and hope the info may be of use to
anyone who is as (deletes "dumb") inexperienced as me! HTML-Kit may be
a good program (I haven't really started using it yet) but trying to
read help files & stuff in such a small window was a nightmare (and I
couldn't see any 'Back' button either!)