disabling maximise button in frame

cyprian

how do i disable the maximise button in my swing frame. i tried asking
toolkit and i think toolkit is saying not supported for such field
constants. who knows how?

Andrew Thompson

cyprian said:
how do i disable the maximise button in my swing frame.

Please add '?' marks for any question.
..i tried asking toolkit ..

Did you say 'please'?

Or another way to put that is ..
..and i think toolkit is saying not supported ..

Ditto the above.
...for such field
constants. who knows how?

You had the right idea, but were looking in the
wrong place. Toolkit is more for system wide
attributes and methods. See instead..
<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/awt/Frame.html#setResizable(boolean
)>

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

cyprian

Please add '?' marks for any question.

Did you say 'please'?

Or another way to put that is ..

Ditto the above.

You had the right idea, but were looking in the
wrong place. Toolkit is more for system wide
attributes and methods. See instead..
<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/awt/Frame.html#setResizabl...
)>

thanks thompson. i was thrown offtrack by windowStateListener. i
thought the method i want should return a boolean, let
JFrame.setdefault....
am putting the code in right now. should i?
i have the ? just in the right place! !(?) or not
have a nice day.
i just did so. it worked. grinning now :)