Disabling <object> border highlight on mouseover in IE

kaston3

When the mouse goes over an object containing a flash movie (Maybe any
<object>, the border is highlighted in Internet Explorar and a tooltip
comes up asking to click to activate and use the control. This is
annoying when layers overlap the object or flash embed.

Is there any way to prevent it?

Thanks.

Andrew Bailey

kaston3 said:
When the mouse goes over an object containing a flash movie (Maybe any
<object>, the border is highlighted in Internet Explorar and a tooltip
comes up asking to click to activate and use the control. This is
annoying when layers overlap the object or flash embed.

Is there any way to prevent it?

Thanks.

Hi,

IIRC you have to "include" the <object> from an external file in a similar
way that you might specify the scr= parameter for an external javascript
routine.

Sorry I don't have the specifics but if you Google something like "remove
activex activation" I'm sure you'll find the correct info.

Hope this helps

Andy