Disabling same origin policy on a per-site basis

Chris

Hi,

In IE 5, one of the permissions that you could give a trusted
site was the ability to disable the same-origin policy. In
Netscape/Mozilla, this problem is tackled with signed scripts/pages. In
IE 6, however, the same-origin option isn't listed in the security zones
permissions set. Is there no way now in IE 6 to write a script that can
access document properties of a window from an entirely different domain?

I'm trying to write a cross-browser app that processes and automatically
loads various internal and external URLs my company uses, but I'm not sure
if it's even possible in the latest version of IE. I certainly don't want
to resort to writing some Active-x or Java applet especially for IE 6.

Any info/pointers would be appreciated.

Regards,

-Chris