Disabling Tab Button Mozilla

Stefano

Hi NG,

i want to disable tab button and i think that solution is method
preventDefault() but i can't disabled this button.

temp.addEventListener('keydown',press_key,true);
function pressKey(event)
if (condition)
event.preventDefault();
}

I have tried with event.returnValue=false but it's not work

Can you help me?

Thanks

Stefano

Erwin Moller

Stefano said:
Hi NG,

i want to disable tab button and i think that solution is method
preventDefault() but i can't disabled this button.

temp.addEventListener('keydown',press_key,true);
function pressKey(event)
if (condition)
event.preventDefault();
}

I have tried with event.returnValue=false but it's not work

Can you help me?

Thanks

Stefano

Hi Stefano,

Sorry, I cannot help you with that, but I am wondering why you want to
disable such a incredable usefull thing as tabs?

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Mark Preston

I am writting wysawyg editor and in some situations i want
that tab button is disabled, i wan't that if user pushes a tab button
nothing happens.
Why would you want that? If you have done a WYSIWIG editor, what you
care about is what is in the browser window - not how many windows
they have open or what they are doing with them. The tabs do't matter
to you.

DU

Erwin said:
Stefano wrote:

Can you explain, detail, justify why you would want or need to do that?
Maybe tehre is anotehr better solution to your webpage situation.

DU

DU

Stefano said:
Hi NG,

i want to disable tab button

Can you explain, detail, justify why you would want or need to do that?
Maybe tehre is anotehr better solution to your webpage situation.
Can you post an url?

DU

Stefano

Mark said:
Why would you want that? If you have done a WYSIWIG editor, what you
care about is what is in the browser window - not how many windows
they have open or what they are doing with them. The tabs do't matter
to you.

Yep.
I actually still don't understand why stefano want that either...

Regards,
Erwin Moller