    We are using perl v5.6.1 and this has tainted feature in perl enabled
    by default.

    Is there any way of disabling this feature?
    rr_79, Jan 3, 2007

  2. On Jan 3, 5:47 pm, "rr_79" <> wrote:

    > We are using perl v5.6.1 and this has tainted feature in perl enabled
    > by default.
    >
    > Is there any way of disabling this feature?

    Tainting is not switched on by default by default in perl5.6.1 so
    either you have a non-standard build of Perl or something about the way
    you are calling Perl is telling it to enable tainting.

    There are all sorts of reasons why you probably should not disable
    tainting when Perl thinks it should be enabled but if you are really
    determined you can use the Taint::Runtime module.
    Brian McCauley, Jan 3, 2007