disabling the dragging of images to the new tab

ravishankar Maduri

hi

i donot want to allow the users to drag the images in my site to
the new tab ,when we drag the image to the other tab the whole site is
showing only with that dragged image please help me out to disable
this feature in my page..............

Thanks and regards

Ravishanker Maduri

rf

ravishankar Maduri said:
hi

i donot want to allow the users to drag the images in my site to
the new tab ,when we drag the image to the other tab the whole site is
showing only with that dragged image please help me out to disable
this feature in my page..............

You can't.

Harlan Messinger

ravishankar said:
hi

i donot want to allow the users to drag the images in my site to
the new tab ,when we drag the image to the other tab the whole site is
showing only with that dragged image please help me out to disable
this feature in my page..............

If you're asking this because you have a phobia about dragging, you can
use absolute positioning in CSS to place a transparent DIV on top of the
image to block direct mouse access to it. But if you're asking this
because you don't want people using your image by itself, well, there's
absolutely nothing you can do about it. All someone has to do is look
inside the page's source code for the image's URL and then paste that
URL into the Address field directly and, voila, your image will appear.

Bergamot

ravishankar said:
i donot want to allow the users to drag the images in my site to
the new tab

If you're concerned about copyright protecting your images, put a
watermark on them.