    How would one go about disabling the ability to move a window around the
    desktop without making the window undecorated?

    Thanks.
    pp, Feb 3, 2007

  2. pp

    Guest

    On 2ÔÂ3ÈÕ, ÏÂÎç8ʱ21·Ö, pp <> wrote:
    > How would one go about disabling the ability to move a window around the
    > desktop without making the window undecorated?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Waitting For answer too.
    , Feb 3, 2007

  3. On Feb 3, 11:21 pm, pp <> wrote:
    > How would one go about disabling the ability to move a window around the
    > desktop without making the window undecorated?

    Hold a gun to the user's head and say..
    "Move that window, and I shoot!"
    ...either that or break their mouse (and
    possibly the 'arrow' keys on the keyboard).

    As an aside, why would you want to do
    such a thing to your end-user. Do you
    hate them that much?

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Feb 3, 2007
  4. pp

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    pp wrote:
    > How would one go about disabling the ability to move a window around the
    > desktop without making the window undecorated?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I've no idea, but why would you want to do that? It's the sort of thing
    that would completely annoy the user (unless there were really specific
    good circumstances for it).
    Alex Hunsley, Feb 3, 2007
  5. pp wrote:

    > How would one go about disabling the ability to move a window around the
    > desktop without making the window undecorated?
    >
    > Thanks.

    If there is a listener which is invoked when the window is moved, then
    call setLocation(...) in this listener....
    Or open a Dialog which says : "please wait until that windows is burned into you screen"
    Then it wont move anymore !
    Thorsten Kiefer, Feb 3, 2007