Disabling <%= %>?

Josh Valino

Hi,

I have a client that has our product and in one of the aspx files, there is
code like this:

<%= SomePublicProperty %>

where the public property returns a string. In the test environment at the
client's site, the value is being REsponse.Written as expected. In their
production environment, it is not. No errors or anything. It's just as if
that <%= %> line doesn't exist at all. Is there anything I should know
about at the IIS level, where they may perhaps have disabled server-side
scripts in aspx files?

Thanks

George Ter-Saakov

Check the source. Do you see <%=...%> in HTML.
If yes then .NET is not installed in IIS and IIS serves the page as is.

George

Josh Valino

Sorry, I should stated that. No, it doesn't show up. So, it seems to be
executing. The DLL that contains the value of this property is identical
(according to Beyond Compare 2, so they say), so I have reason to believe
that the property does still have a value. The only thing I can come up
with is that someone deleted the line out of the aspx file for some reason.
I'm waiting for them to send me the file but I figured I'd venture into the
remote possibility that it's an IIS configuration option.

Thanks

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

One option is to add traces to the page. It makes things easier to 'debug'
in production, as you can have your client run the page and examine the
trace. This allows you to see what is going on wtihout having to send back
files.