Disallowing back after submit

Mantorok

Hi

When someone submits an application on our site they get re-directed to a
"Finished" form, however, I don't want them to be able to hit "back" and go
back and submit it all again.

Any ideas on how to work around this? I could check when they last
submitted but that's a bit of a hack and by now means solves the problem
overall - if they want to submit another they would have to start-over.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Kev

sreejith.ram

javascript code
location.replace("nextpage.aspx") will remove the current page from
history

S. Justin Gengo

Kev,

sreejiths solution is a good one.

Something else you may or may not be interested in is stopping a user from
accidentally clicking submit more than once while still on the same page. I
made a javascript component (it's completely free with source code and help
file) that contains a method that allows you to stop any button specified
from being clicked to submit more than once. It has the added functionality
of first checking if the form has passed any clientside validation that may
be being done by checking the built in Field Validation scripts. That way a
form's posting won't be stopped accidentally if a user has entered info that
fails a built in validator.

You may find the free component on my website, www.aboutfortunate.com. Just
click on the Code Library link at the top of the page and then click the
Javascript button on the left. All the code is downloadable as a .NET
Project. Even if you don't want to use the entire library of javascripts in
the component you could always just take out the code you want from the
source.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP