Disapearing cursor on some Readonly textbox

ThunderMusic

Hi,
I have a form in which there are many <asp:textbox> tags. When I run the
form, we use tab to navigate across the textboxes, but one of our client
noticed that when we navigate to some readonly textboxes, the cursor (text
cursor, not mouse cursor) disapears and when we tab to the next textbox and
come back (shift-tab), not it's ok. Notice that when we navigate to each
textbox, the text is automaticaly selected which is not the case for the
foresaid textboxes when we navigate forward on them, but the text is
selected when we navigate back (shift-tab). Some readonly textboxes select
and some don't. It seems to always happen when the preceding textbox has
some code(javascript) in the OnBlur event and is calculating something that
is put in the textbox that does not select.

Does anyone ever faced this problem before? Is there a solution so the text
is selected everytime we navigate to the field?

Thanks

ThunderMusic

Bruce Barker

the onblur fire when the focus goes to a new field. if you change the
contents of the field the focus goes to, it will lose the default selection.
your javascript could reset the selection. you will proably need to use the
onfocus to detect if the textbox needs the select set.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

ThunderMusic

finaly I used the OnChange event instead of OnBlur. It seems to work. Only
future will tell.