    remains. They are running on a Windows Server 2003 machine with IIS 6. I've
    tried to replicate it here, but as yet have been unsuccessful.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Davey P, Jun 10, 2008

  2. Davey P

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZXkgUA==?= wrote on 10 jun 2008 in

    > I have a classic ASP page which links through to an ASP.NET 1.1 page.
    > Basically there is a hyperlink on the classic ASP page that opens the
    > ASP.NET page in the same window. I can then go back to my classic ASP
    > page by clicking on a link on the ASP.NET page. It all seems to work
    > seamlessly, apart from 1 end user. What they find is that if they
    > click on the link and open up the ASP.NET page, then go back to the
    > classic ASP page, all the classic ASP cookies have been emptied out,
    > yet the session info still remains. They are running on a Windows
    > Server 2003 machine with IIS 6. I've tried to replicate it here, but
    > as yet have been unsuccessful. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    ASP-cookies as such do not exist.

    A cookie with the same domain and a future expiration date
    should be there in the same browser.

    A ram cookie [also named a session cookie] should not,
    if a new browser session is started.

    ASP and ASP.NET do not share their ASP-session.id cookie, however.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jun 10, 2008