Disappearing ASP.Net pages when viewed outside the network

Guest

Hello All,

We have an unusual problem that we've not seen before. We've developed a
..Net 2.0 site (via VS2005) that works great from within our network (we host
the site and the SQL Server db). However, when it is viewed from outside our
network (which we just started testing today), some of the pages (namely the
ones with more than a hand full of controls) display for a split second but
then immediately disappear (EXCEPT for the top half of the header image).
The stranger thing is that if you click the Back button and then click the
Forward button the page is displayed in full (with no instant disappearance).
This happens even when we RDP into our clients' machines and view our site
from their systems.

Everyone is using MSIE 6.0.x. We have not tested our new site with any
other brower (yet).

If anyone has any concrete solutions or suggestions, I'd be much
appreciative. Thanks for your time and effort.

Troy S.

Guest

Update: We haven't solved this problem but we know it is caused by the
CreateUserWizard and ChangePassword web controls.

If the CreateUserWizard is set (via SmartTag) to Step = Complete then all
works well (though you only get the Continue button) but if Step = Sign Up
for Your New Account then the page fails to load properly. The only code
difference between the two is the addition of ActiveStepIndex="1" attribute
when setting Step = Complete.

CreateUser.aspx contents when Step = Complete:

<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master"
AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="CreateUser.aspx.vb" Inherits="createuser"
title="Create New User" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder2"
Runat="Server">
<asp:CreateUserWizard ID="CreateUserWizard1" runat="server"
ActiveStepIndex="1">
<WizardSteps>
<asp:CreateUserWizardStep runat="server">
</asp:CreateUserWizardStep>
<asp:CompleteWizardStep runat="server">
</asp:CompleteWizardStep>
</WizardSteps>
</asp:CreateUserWizard>
</asp:Content>

Guest

Update #2: the problem occurs ONLY when a MasterPage is set. A stand-alone
aspx page with a CreateUserWizard control has no display problems. I'm not
sure why the MasterPage is causing the problem--no other pages that use the
MasterPage are causing problems (other than the ChangePassword.aspx page
mentioned previously).