Disappearing Controls

Jerry Camel

Has anyone had this issue...

I working on a simple ASP .NET app - three web forms. I'm working on page
three and when I swith back to page 1 in VS, half of my controls are
missing. I add them back in, but it takes a while before the new controls
are recognized by VS (Compiler kept telling me that the stuff wasn't
declared when, clearly, it was.) Most of it's back to normal, but the
button control still doesn't trigger the code in the code-behind page. When
I double click the button I get sent to the correct sub, so VS knows it's
there and which button it's tied to, but the code doesn't run when I'm
hitting the app from a browser...

Help!?

Jerry

Guest

Hi

I fi have understood u'r problem correctly, then try thes

1) When you are switching between the pages in the VS , make sure that each page is loaded completely and then switch to the other page. Othewise, all the code is gone

2) Coming to the button event, Check for "handles button.serverclick" event at the declaration in the funtion .Cause if you miss this the vent will not work

for ex: It shld be like this

Private Sub botton_ServerClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles button.ServerClic
End Su

Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry Camel

Everything was setup properly - the original code was inserted by VS. And
this was a page that had been open in VS for at least an hour that I was
working with.

I ended up restarting the IIS box where the applives and that seems to have
fixed it. It was strange, though. I appreciate the feedback.

Jerry

Sileesh said:
Hi

I fi have understood u'r problem correctly, then try these

1) When you are switching between the pages in the VS , make sure that
each page is loaded completely and then switch to the other page. Othewise,
all the code is gone.
2) Coming to the button event, Check for "handles button.serverclick"
event at the declaration in the funtion .Cause if you miss this the vent
will not work.
for ex: It shld be like this

Private Sub botton_ServerClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles button.ServerClick