disappearing cookie

I have a strange and frustrating problem. page1.aspx asks for a login
and goes to itself to validate the login. if it succeeds it creates a
cookie for the login and goes to my creditcard form, where the cookie
always works, though i don't actually use it. when the user submits the
form it goes to another site to verify the creditcard info, which then
redirects to page3.aspx. the problem is that for some machines the
cookie no longer exists, but for me it works perfectly. i tried
changing from a session to a persistant cookie but that made no
difference. all 3 pages are in the same subdir. i tried using a
session variable instead but that doesn't work either, presumably
because the aspsession cookie is gone as well. is this some privacy
setting issue?

Tom.PesterDELETETHISSS

Hmz strange indd. Does the redirect to page 3 happen with http or httpS?

Let me know if you have any more questions..

Cheers,
Tom Pester

The creditcard info is submitted via https, but the return to page 3 is
http. I thought that might be an issue.

Tom.PesterDELETETHISSS

you can try the following :

- set the domain of the cookie to the domanname without a host
Response.Cookies("UID").Domain = ".myserver.com"
This function is used to share cookies between hostA.myserver.com and hostB.myserver.com.

With any luck the specs allow now also cookies to be sent between the http
and the httpS server.
I never tried this before so tell me how it goes.

- You can try this technique : Sharing Cookies Across Domains
http://www.15seconds.com/issue/971108.htm

Sounds like a bit of work..

Cheers,
Tom Pester