Disappearing text

Razzel

I have written a table of links. Each table entry is as:
<TD BGCOLOR=ff0066><FONT SIZE="2" FACE="FeldFat">
<A HREF="Nglo.htm">GRAPHS</A></FONT></TD>

When I click on a link then return to this page and its table the text
has disappeared.
If I press the right mouse button and hold it the text reappears until I
move the mouse pointer away without releasing the button.
I don't recall this problem in my past so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
RAZ

Steve Pugh

Razzel said:
I have written a table of links. Each table entry is as:
<TD BGCOLOR=ff0066><FONT SIZE="2" FACE="FeldFat">
<A HREF="Nglo.htm">GRAPHS</A></FONT></TD>

Cool, 1990s retro coding.
When I click on a link then return to this page and its table the text
has disappeared.

You're using IE, right?
When you return to a page the link is still in its active state. So it
will use whatever colour is specified in the CSS :active style or in
the HTML alink attribute. If nothing has been specified then it will
use the browser default.

The browser default in IE is red. Your table background is pinky-red.
If I press the right mouse button and hold it the text reappears until I
move the mouse pointer away without releasing the button.

You're moving focus away from the link and hence taking it out of its
active state.
I don't recall this problem in my past so any help is appreciated.

Ever used red backgrounds before?

Steve