DiscoCodeGenerator cannot be initialized

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Hardy, Sep 11, 2003.

  1. Hardy

    Hardy Guest

    I'm about to create my first web services using VS.NET
    2003 ans VB.NET and everything works really fine. But,
    when I add a web reference to my Windows ws client, I get
    a warning 'DiscoCodeGenerator cannot initialize the code
    generatator. No code has been generated.' (or similar, it
    is actually in German). And the reference.vb file only
    contains the empty sceleton. A few days ago, everything
    still worked well.

    I have reinstalled VS.NET completely and made some test
    with a very basic web service ('Hello World'), it doesn't
    work anymore.

    Has anybody an idea that could help me?

    Best regards
    Hardy

    Hardy, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Hi,

    It seems a problem.

    When you write web services, plesae use different Name spaces to different
    web service files.

    <WebService(Namespace := "http://www.contoso.com/")>

    If you have any Qs, please reply to this post.

    --
    Parker Zhang
    Microsoft Developer Support

    Parker Zhang [MSFT], Sep 12, 2003