Disconnected DataSets and DataViews

garethdjames

For scalability we wish to use disconnected DataSets and hold them in
the application cache.

This means that multiple concurrent users will be reading the data (its
read only)

The DataSet is fairly complicated and contains many tables and many
relationships

What we would like to do is create a DataView that flattens the in
memory DataSet so that we can bind this single view to a control

We need to hold the separate tables in memory because there are some
tables that have parent child relationships where the parent has many
thousands of children (and grand children)

think Products and Orders and we want to hold Products and Orders in
Memory, the reason is that each Product row is large enough not to
warrant holding it multiple times

OK, the problem is that a DataView can only have one table and the row
filter can only be for that table,

what we want to do is an equivalent of a sql select (with a join) but
from disconnected a DataSet

e.g.

Select Product.ID, Product.Code, Product.Image, Order.FirstName,
Order.Price
from tbl_Product PRoduct
join tbl_Order Order
on Order.ProductID = Product.ID