Discount-Hosting: Anybody else have billing problems?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Tina - AxisHOST, Inc., Jul 6, 2005.

  1. "(PeteCresswell)" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Sounds to me like it's time for sending some money to, maybe,
    > AffordableHost.

    Well, whoever you choose, make sure you run a search on their name at
    webhostingtalk.com or possibly even stop by alt.www.webmaster and ask for
    current opinions. ;-)

    --Tina

    Tina - AxisHOST, Inc., Jul 6, 2005

  2. Haven't touched my account there in many moons.

    Now I can get to it via their front end, but not via CuteFTP (different ID/PW
    for FTP).

    Looks like the data's still there and people can read the pages - but when I
    look at the account status, the dates are goofey.

    Created on 2004-12-09,
    Expires on 2005-01-09,
    Payment=Ok

    Payment is in one-year increments...

    Of course they haven't responded to any of the emails I've sent...

    Sounds to me like it's time for sending some money to, maybe, AffordableHost.
    I've already got another account there, but I think it's a freebie and they seem
    to have moved the servers around. It's accessable by addres but, again, not
    via CuteFTP.

    Anybody else been here with Discount-Hosting? It's only twelve bucks, but it
    seems to me like they have a bonafide system problem somewhere.

    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Jul 6, 2005

  3. Per Tina - AxisHOST, Inc.:
    >possibly even stop by alt.www.webmaster and ask for
    >current opinions.

    Thanks for the pointer. Didn't know of such a thing - which is why I was
    inflicting this on alt.html....
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Jul 6, 2005