Discussion Forum Program

Scott

I'd like to put a discussion forum on my network marketing / health
products website as a place for people to come and share ideas.
Can anyone recommend a good program to put up a forum? Also,
is it real important to make everyone register before being able to
post? I try to keep everything simple and user friendly. And, are
there any legal implications to letting people post at will?

Thanks!
Scott

Scott

OK, I see someone posted above (Re: Forum Code). I'm following
up on those suggestions. Anyone have any further ideas?

Thanks again!
Scott

Dan Abrey

There aren't really any legal implications, no - although sometimes in
obvious cases like terrorism and the like, any 'illegal' posts should be
deleted swiftly and the member banned. I always make sure users register on
any forums I have created in the past due to the fact that I have had
problems in the past with "Guest" users causing trouble - it's easier to
spot a user with 2 accounts, for example, when you've got an IP check to see
which accounts double up.

Invision is by far imo the most user friendly and advanced free (with
copyright notice) forum system available. The admin features are fantastic,
and the UI is better than any other in the market.

Dan

KiwiBrian

Invision is by far imo the most user friendly and advanced free (with
copyright notice) forum system available. The admin features are
fantastic,
and the UI is better than any other in the market.

I could not find where on the InvisionFree site it explains just how to set
up a forum.
Can someone please give me a pointer.
TIA
Brian Tozer

Martin Jay

Scott <[email protected]> said:
I'd like to put a discussion forum on my network marketing / health
products website as a place for people to come and share ideas.
Can anyone recommend a good program to put up a forum? Also,
is it real important to make everyone register before being able to
post? I try to keep everything simple and user friendly. And, are
there any legal implications to letting people post at will?

Have you looked at phpbb?

http://www.phpbb.com/