disp.forward, then request.sendRedirect for Mac client problem

Larry S

hey all.. here's the issue..

A user on Mac IE 5.x trys to access servlet called ndca
ndca does a disp.forward to controller.jsp
controller.jsp does some logic, and does a request.sendRedirect to
pageX

this works on all other browsers other than Macintosh Internet
Explorer 5.5

there, rather than getting our domain of www.mydomain.com/pageX.jsp,
it eventually times out, saying that it tried to access one of our IPs
and our application server port, which is unopen to the public, trying
to goto controller.jsp (the address bar says
http://211.x.x.x:7878/controller.jsp)

this DOES work when we do 2 forwards, or 1 forward OR 1 sendRedirect,
however, a forward to a sendRedirect doesn't work.

and yes, we've fully qualified the sendRedirect.

as always, any help is greatly appreciated!

Larry S

just passing the knowledge..

we had to set the Content-Location header info to the redirecting URL:

request.setHeader("Content-Location", redirectURL);

i guess MacIE was utilizing "Location" and not the standard
"Content-Location". Interesting, hmm?