Dispatching requests in SOAP

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Rickard Sjostrom, Aug 7, 2006.

  1. Hi!
    1. I have built a small SOAP server and wonders and have a few
    questions. I included the code below if it is of interest!

    1. What is the best trick to get these requests spawned into new
    threads/processes so that the server will always be available? (if
    running as standalone server)

    2. Is the trick to have it to run in the web server?
    3. Is the web server thing accomplished by letting the script run as a
    CGI script?

    This how I have done my SOAP server test:

    ------------
    require 'server_dispatcher'
    require 'soap/rpc/standaloneServer'

    class DeliveryService < SOAP::RPC::StandaloneServer
    #will be run when an instance of this class is created
    def on_init
    obj = MyClass.new
    add_method(obj, "find", "array")
    end