display 3 columns of 50 rows in stead of 1 column per row inGridview/Repeater/Listview/Datalist

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ethem, Mar 17, 2010.

  1. ethem

    ethem Guest

    Hi there,

    I may have 3 columns in a table or list<name>).
    ID - INTeger
    Name - String
    AgeGt18 Checkbox (true false)

    a normal databindercontorl like Gridview/Repeater/Listview/Datalist
    displays per row.
    But I would like to display 3 columns.
    e.g.
    ID Name AgeGt18 ID Name AgeGt18
    ID Name AgeGt18
    1 Michael True 4 Michael3
    True 7 Michael9 True
    2 Frans l False 5 Michael1
    False 8 Michae14l True
    3 Frans l False 6 Michae9l
    True 9 Michael99 True

    I know datalist has repeat direction etc... but where do you say 3
    columns and 50 lines....? so every column can have 50 lines (rows)..
    so in face 3 columns per row....

    thanks

    ethem, Mar 17, 2010

  2. To achive this functionality, you can use datalist control with specifying repeatcolumns property.
    ex.

    <asp:datalist id="myList" runat="server"
    repeatcolumns=3 repeatdirection="horizontal">

    Regards,
    Ashok Kunwar Singh
    http://GetAllDealz.com/

    Ashok Kunwar Singh, Mar 2, 2011