display 5 records across, unlimited rows

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Debbie Davis, Jan 1, 2004.

  1. Debbie Davis

    Debbie Davis Guest

    Greetings,

    I have a page displaying records in a table across but there are too
    many records to display and they run off the page, SO I thought I could
    show five columns with an unlimited number of rows. I'm stuck though.
    I've never done that before. I don't know where to start. Any thoughts
    would be very helpful.

    I don't need paging as I can display all records on one page, keeping it
    simple.

    Here's my recordset:
    <%set rsAll=objConn.execute("select * from qyProd where catalogid>0
    order by designer_name")%>

    Thank you in advance.

    Debbie Davis, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Debbie Davis

    Ray at Guest

    at each five step after, and then follow that up with a final </tr>.
    Additionally, you'll probably want to determine the difference between the
    final record count and the next closest multiple of five so that you can
    complete the final row with as many <td>&nbsp;</td>'s as necessary. Here's
    some sample code here.

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2247

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Jan 1, 2004

  3. Debbie Davis

    Debbie Davis Guest

    Thanks Ray, I really appreciate the reply. I'll take a look. many
    thanks again.
    dd

    Debbie Davis, Jan 1, 2004