display 5 records across, unlimited rows

Debbie Davis

Greetings,

I have a page displaying records in a table across but there are too
many records to display and they run off the page, SO I thought I could
show five columns with an unlimited number of rows. I'm stuck though.
I've never done that before. I don't know where to start. Any thoughts
would be very helpful.

I don't need paging as I can display all records on one page, keeping it
simple.

Here's my recordset:
<%set rsAll=objConn.execute("select * from qyProd where catalogid>0
order by designer_name")%>

Thank you in advance.

Ray at

at each five step after, and then follow that up with a final </tr>.
Additionally, you'll probably want to determine the difference between the
final record count and the next closest multiple of five so that you can
complete the final row with as many <td>&nbsp;</td>'s as necessary. Here's
some sample code here.

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2247

Ray at home

Debbie Davis

Thanks Ray, I really appreciate the reply. I'll take a look. many
thanks again.
dd