display a grid with struts/tiles?

Elhanan

hi... is there a way i can use to display an sortable, scrollable, html
table with struts?

Roedy Green

hi... is there a way i can use to display an sortable, scrollable, html
table with struts?

There is no such thing as a sortable table in HTML. You have to
resend the table if you change the order.

You could however display the table with a JApplet JTable. Then you
can to the sorting, changing inserting etc an the client without
sending the whole table each time.

shawnews

Elhanan said:
hi... is there a way i can use to display an sortable, scrollable, html
table with struts?
A table can be sorted client side with javascript in some cases,( colspans
and rowspans are problematic with the scripts I've tried) else you'll need
to do it server side. The table can be placed inside div tags with the
style set to "overflow: auto" to make it scrollable

Roedy Green

A table can be sorted client side with javascript in some cases,( colspans
and rowspans are problematic with the scripts I've tried) else you'll need
to do it server side. The table can be placed inside div tags with the
style set to "overflow: auto" to make it scrollable

I think it would be masochistic to implement a full JTable in
JavaScript where the server could insert, delete, replace, resort etc.

The easiest way to do it with Java script would be to send the row
data, and three int[] giving the orderings for three different sorts.
Then have JavaScript just select the ordering and display in that
order. That way you don't have to write a sort and comparators in
JavaScript. The first array would just be the numbers { 0, 1 , 2 ... }
and you would not actually bother to transmit it.