Display Access Database OLE Object

Guest

Dear Experts,

I'm using the asp.net 2.0 fileupload control to upload files into Access
Database. The file types that being uploaded may be in word, excel or image
format. Therefore, I would like to seek your help to show me how can I have a
link in my webpage to view this file by reading from the database?

Your feedback/help is very much appreaciated.

Regards,
SB

Guest

Hi there,

See my rescent reply in post "images from SQL to gridview" (example i
attached to that post was for SQL server). You can amend this example to
support different file types using MIME types
Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "filename=" + YourFileName)
response.ContentType = "application/msword" // it's an example of the MIME
type

Here you can find a list of known MIME types supported by IE
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...op/networking/moniker/overview/appendix_a.asp

Hope this helps